Table of Contents
- What is Middle of the Funnel (MOFU) marketing?
- What are the other two stages in the marketing funnel?
- What is the goal of Middle of the Funnel marketing?
- How is MOFU different from TOFU & BOFU?
- What are some common principles used in Middle of the Funnel (MOFU) marketing?
- Lead nurturing 🟢
- Segmenting ✂️
- Personalization ✋🏼
- Remarketing 🏃🏼
- Doubling down on customer education 📚
- Adding tons of social proof 🫂
- At this stage, your goal is to build relationships, nurture leads and move them closer to making a purchase.
- You also need to double down on building trust and providing value to potential customers.
- This will help you differentiate your brand from competitors and drive revenue growth over the long term.
What does it stand for?
Middle of the Funnel
Top of the Funnel
Bottom of the Funnel
Buying stage of the customer
Customers at this stage → Have heard about your product → Understand what your product does → But don’t have a lot of trust in your brand → Looking for options to buy a product like yours
Customers at this stage → Have not heard about your product → Might be looking for your product → Have the pain points that your product solves
Customers at this stage → Know about your product, and → Understand the difference between your competition → Have some level of trust in your brand → Very close to making a buying decision
Goals of the marketing team
→ Build a relationship with your customer → Build trust in the brand → Send personalized content to solve for trust & authority
→ Create brand awareness → Capture the attention of your potential customers → Create the first touchpoint for all potential customers
→ Close the sale and convert them into a customer → Solve the common objections they might have before buying → Build retention & word of mouth with support and feedback loops
Type of channels used
→ Personalised channels → Retention channels
→ Customer acquisition channels → Brand awareness channels
→ Conversion channels → Deeply personalized channels
Examples of frequently used channels
→ Email marketing → Chatbot marketing → Webinars → Retargeting ads → Case studies delivered via chat & email
→ Content marketing → Social media marketing → Display advertising → Search engine marketing → Influencer marketing → Events → Sponsorships
→ Email Marketing → 1:1 calls → 1:many calls → Webinars → Product DEMO
- Directly address their pain points,
- Answers their questions
- Build trust with the brand.
- Email marketing,
- Retargeting ads,